Friday, February 10, 2012

little bits of craftsy stuff

Tuesday my sister and niece and I spent the day together and we experimented with fusing plastic. First thought - this is not as easy as it looks. It is not difficult but it takes some experimentation depending on your iron, the thickness of the plastic bags, etc.



Different plastics have different thicknesses and different flexibilities.



I have a lot of practicing to do to get this the way I would want it... and also, I don't shop enough (outside grocery stores) and I try to take my own recycled bags whenever I can remember, so I don't have a lot of colorful bags. The whole point of this craft is to recycle what I have... so I need to put some more thought into this.

Slightly more successful is my crocheted rug from old sheets. When I finished slicing up one sheet this is what the ball of 'yarn' looked like:



I have started the crocheting process but no pics yet.

No comments: