Friday, April 9, 2010

Welcome to Brooklyn

My flight left at 6.30 this morning. All went extremely smoothly (it always seems to when you are not in a hurry) and I made it into Brooklyn a little after 9. I took the Airtrain to the E and transferred to the G and viola, here I am.

While waiting for the E @Jamaica I saw this fantastic sign:

Unfortunately I cannot read all the small print but it did make me laugh since last weeks episode of Bones (granted it was in DC) was about how they solved a murder in the DC Metro based on the content of a rat's stomach. IF rats are so useful in solving cases, is NYC sure they want to kill them all off?

My friend lives in the Polish portion of Brooklyn so I decided to try local food for lunch (always a better idea than visiting a chain imho.) This restaurant appealed to me, though I have no idea why.
I ordered some delish Pirogies.


Now I am back at N's house and about to lie down for a little mid-day nappage. Figured I would throw up these three pics before my weekend picked up speed and I didn't have time to keep up with all that was happening.

More later.

No comments: