Saturday, April 26, 2008

Our temporary visitor...

Rachel, Christy Elmer and I were eating leftovers on Thursday night during a thunderstorm. As the rain slowed we kept hearing a cat (sounded like a kitten) but could not figure out where the noise was coming from. Finally, after half an hour I went out to track down the mewing that was pathetic and insistent. I looked and looked and could not find the culprit. After about 10 minutes I found this:

So, we rescued it:


It appears to be ok. It is hanging out on our front porch and gets to come inside for an hour or two a day. A family here is supposed to take it (I told them God sent it to us in a rainstorm with instructions attached to pass it along to them) but they are being slow. We will find it a home at school on Monday. It will NOT remain with us. But, for the time being, it is cute.

No comments: